Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Where did Wednesday go?

Wow - off and running at 7 this morning.... tucked into bed at 11:43. Worked every minute in between. I'm having so much fun!

The day started in the best way possible - over a plate of biscuits and gravy. This hotel has a nice free breakfast. I did tell myself that I can't have B & G everyday though.

My page training session ran from 9 - 2:30. It was a rerun for me but still interesting. My recorder training started at 2 so made a quick dash - leaving off a little of time from each. That training went until 5 but my next event started at 4:30 so again I dashed early from one to be late to the other.

I got to be a communion steward at the opening worship service. That meant I got to "manage" a couple of bishops who did the serving. I got them into place, gave them the bread and juice and then cleaned up after them. It was a great worship service with all the bishops in procession - about 80 of them - and rich preaching about HOPE.

After worship, plenary began. The delegates learned how to use their voting machines, received and voted on proposed rule changes, and did other beginning legislation stuff. I gotta admit that I left at 11:15 even though the session wasn't over yet. I have to be back tomorrow morning at 7.

As you might be able to guess from the schedule there wasn't much time for meals. We did get a box lunch but no time after that to eat. A spoonful of peanut butter and some licorice will hold until breakfast.

Although I didn't get outside all day I was well aware of the weather. They warned us that storms blow threw here at this time of year. We learned first hand as we heard the sirens outside warning people to get inside and stay away from windows. We heard a lot of rain and thunder/lightening. It seemed to have mostly passed by when we finally got outside.

One other fun discovery - Texas crickets... they are all over in the convention center... about 1 1/2 - 2 inches each. I overheard some folks worried about them crawling up the pant legs. I guess we will know when we see people jump out of their chairs.

enough for now. thanks for reading. gnite.

Jan

1 comment:

judithclaire said...

Hi, Jan - Can't believe you have time to blog with such a full schedule. But I like reading about your daily adventures!

B & G sounds great, but I don't know about the 94 degrees, peanut butter, licorice and crickets. Maybe you could put some rubberbands around your pant legs make a new fashion statement), or maybe use that peanut butter on your ankles and those crickets would stop right there?

Anyway, thinking of you and wishing you a happy and productive time. My prayers are with you, Judy