Thursday, April 24, 2008

back to my hotel at 11:15 tonight. I'm pooped and yet can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

Highlights:
1) The worship and plenary this morning. I can't wait to tell you about it. Bishop Sharon Brown-Christopher lead us through a reflection on the state of the world in relation to the UMC vision for mission and ministry. It was great.

2) working as a page all morning - running messages, helping people find whatever they were looking for (pop machine, Bishop's spouse, water fountain,...), passing out materials, and chatting with delegates, workers and bishops.

3) More recorder training and then the first session at work this evening. My learning curve was very steep. We had 3 rookies working together and a whole committee marking time as we got everything ready for them. We sure received lots of appreciation for our work - felt good.

4) Getting horizontal on my hotel bed after a long day on my feet.

Time for sleep - the alarm is set for 5:45.

Thanks for reading.

Jan

No comments: