Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Arrived!

Howdy from beautiful downtown Ft. Worth. The trip was uneventful, take off, flight, and landing just as one would hope. We are staying in a hotel about 1 1/2 miles away from the convention center. Elaine has a car so we took a tour of the vacinity to see if it was walkable. When we saw the sign that reported the air temp as 94 degrees I decided I will use the hotel shuttle as much as possible. While the delegates have to sit all day long and may need a walk in the morning and evening - my job keeps me on my feet all day - my little puppies are going to be tired enough.

The delegation and others from the PNW met tonight. We are so lucky that 6 out of our 18 delegates are young adults. Good job Shannie for voting these folks in last year. They add a lot of enthusiasm and new ideas. It is fun to be around them.

Tomorrow morning my training starts at 9 and goes all day. The actual conference starts tomorrow evening. After that each day will go from 7:30 am - 11 pm.

I am very excited to be here and look forward to being a part of what the UMC is going to set as it's task, hope, and method for the next 4 years. Please hold the whole conference - delegates, staff, bishops, volunteers - and the wider church in your prayers.

Take care and now that I'm thinking of you while I'm here.

Jan

No comments: