Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday

Another day done. This day was focused on legislation. After the controversy of yesterday this day was quite tame. Most of the discussion was about ministry issues and structural rules. The International body is still trying to figure out how to fairly represent the global membership on boards and agencies, and as delegates to General Conference.

I was positioned near the front of the room today – a messenger from the delegates to the platform and visa versa. I didn’t get much business and had a hard time staying awake. About the most interesting and challenging thing in my day was helping the crickets cross safely the pathway by where I was sitting as there was lots of traffic and they were vulnerable to the crowd. When I left tonight there were NO squished crickets near my seat – I will call that a productive and successful day.

The preacher this morning was Bishop Hee Soo Jung. He was wonderful. I wish you all could have heard them. I have really enjoyed the worship and preaching. I will make copies of the sermons for any of you who would like them – or you can download them from the General Conference website.

I look forward to coming home on Saturday,… sleeping in my own bed, loving up with Ginger Ale, and eating my own home cooked food – ok that may only be cereal or a peanut butter sandwich – but it is mine.

Hope all is well.

In peace,

Jan

No comments: